1. What personal information do we collect?
Canadian privacy legislation defines personal information broadly as information about “an identifiable individual” or as information that allows an individual to be identified. The types of personal information that we may collect from time to time include: your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, forwarding address (e.g. during a vacation), previous address(es), payment information (for billing purposes), mailing preferences, delivery instructions, and individual customer service preferences, such as, but not limited to, “do not solicit”, etc. In addition, from time to time, we may ask you to provide us with more detailed information regarding your interests, occupation, and background (for example), for ongoing research, so as to identify a more finite profile of who you are, so as to better serve you. For example, we sometimes ask our customers to complete surveys in order to get a better sense of who they are and what content, products and services may be of interest (or not). Additionally, from time to time, we may acquire demographic and other such information from an outside organization, which will only be shared if you have agreed to do so by default of providing us with this information in advance.
2. Why do we collect your personal information?
- (a) To provide the content, product, service or information that you have requested:
If you are a visitor, client, partner of ours, we use your name and address (postal and/or e-mail) in order to deliver the content, product, service or information to you that you have requested, and to follow up with you about the transaction (i.e., send a bill, notify you of new content, products, services etc.). If you enter into a contest/competition/giveaway offered through one of our websites, electronic, in person, and/or social platforms, we share the information that you provide to us with the 3rd party company/individual who is providing the wares, so that we can ensure that they are delivered to you in accordance to the contest/competition/giveaway.
- (b) To process payment:
Your credit card number, debit card number, or banking information for pre-authorized payments is used only for processing payments and for presenting you with payment options – not for marketing purposes.
- (c) To send you information:
From time to time, we may send you further information about what we do, offers, products that we produce, should we believe that they would be of interest to you.
- (d) Other purposes:
In addition, from time to time, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to detect and protect AMC and other third parties against error, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with AMC policies and contractual obligations;
- to understand your needs and preferences, including to contact and communicate with you and to conduct surveys, research and evaluations;
- to obtain audited statements regarding numbers of subscribers per publication;
- to engage in business transactions, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving Anokhi Media Corp (AMC).
- for any other purpose we would inform you of from time to time.
3. To whom do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties in the following circumstances:
- (a) Disclosure to Service Providers: We may disclose your personal information to other companies that provide services on our behalf, including label printers, invoice printers, fulfillment contractors, auditors, our software developers (including website developers and hosts), data processing, document management and office services, etc. In addition, we may disclose your personal information to an organization or individual retained by us to evaluate your creditworthiness or to collect debts outstanding on an account or to our auditors. We will only provide them the information that they need to deliver the service and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- (b) Disclosure to Affiliates and Business Units: We may disclose your personal information to any of the companies and business units that are subsidiaries and affiliates, in order to serve you better and to provide you with information about our vast array of content, products, and services.
- (c) Disclosure to Trading Partners: From time to time, we may information available to 3rd party organizations that want to let you know about a product or service that might be of interest you, based on information that you have shared with us and/or information that we have gathered about the various demos that we service, therefore, we know would be interested in the information. This information will be sent to you after having been reviewed by us to ensure that their information is not deemed inappropriate and/or misleading, but we cannot be held responsible for any undisclosed information about them that may be deemed negative in any manner.
- (e) Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure: We may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where we have reasonable grounds to believe that the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena, warrant or order made by a court, person or body that has jurisdiction to compel the production of said information, or to comply us with a court ruling regarding the production of records and information.
If you would prefer for us NOT to share your information as described above in sections 4(a)-4(d), email us this request to: [email protected].
4. Control of your personal information:
We want you to be able to maintain control over how we use your personal information, most specifically:
- You may have the right to “opt out” of some or all of the identified purposes, uses and disclosures listed in sections 2 and 3 above.
- You always have the option to instruct us not to use your name, address, e-mail address, etc. beyond providing you with the product, service or information you requested. Just email [email protected] with your instruction.
- E-blasts and newsletters will always include an identification of the sender and an “Unsubscribe” option.
PLEASE NOTE: We may not be able to provide you with our services/correspondence if you withdraw your consent to use your personal information by emailing us as stated above, or by unsubscribing to our emailers. In order to re-authorizes us, we will need to receive and email from you to [email protected], directing us accordingly.
5. Where is your personal information stored?
Your personal information is stored in secured servers, located either at our offices or at the offices of our service providers. For access to your personal information, contact us at: [email protected] or call 416.535.7000.
6. How can you access your personal information?
Upon written/email request, subject to certain exceptions, we will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your personal information, and will give you access to that information upon request. Contact us at: [email protected] or call 416.535.7000.
7. How do we protect your personal information?
We make every reasonable effort to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information that is under our control to do so. Our security policies are periodically reviewed as necessary.
Only authorized employees and suppliers have access to your personal information. Where information is sent to a third party for processing, we make sure, through our contracts with them, that all of your information is kept secure. We keep your information for the time we are providing you with content, product or service, and for a reasonable time thereafter in the event that you wish to resume service.
Where applicable, we operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Credit card information is processed using industry-standard encryption and security. However, we cannot guarantee that personal information voluntarily disclosed on social media platforms and/or discussion platforms like blog sites, will not be collected and used by others, which may result in unsolicited messages to you from other parties. We cannot be held responsible for others’ actions.
8. Privacy and our platforms:
In some instances, we collect personal information through our various online, electronic, mobile, and in-person platforms and mechanisms, so this section will provide you with additional information regarding such collections:
- Online Communications – In order to provide our website visitors with content, product, service or information, visitors may voluntarily submit personal information to us for purposes such as asking a question, obtaining information, subscribing to, reviewing or downloading content, participating in contests and surveys. If you are known to us as a registered user of an online service, we may combine and store personal information about your use of our websites and the online information you have provided with certain other online and offline information we may have collected.
- E-Mail Communications – Occasionally, we may send marketing or promotional e-mail communications to you with information that may be useful, including information about our content, products and services, as well as other third parties with whom we have a relationship. We will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and inform us of preferences if recipients decide they do not want to receive any future marketing or promotional e-mails from us. Also, if you send us an email message, we may retain that message and your email address, as well as any response we send you.
- Advertisers – If you submit some of your personal information on any of our websites or platforms to request information from a third party (such as an advertiser), we are not responsible for any use of your personal information by said third party. Hence, we suggest that you first learn more about the third party’s privacy policies prior to submitting your personal information by visiting its website or contacting it by postal mail or telephone.
- Opinion Polls – Opinion polls on our websites are anonymous. We do not correlate votes submitted via such polls with names or individual email addresses, unless otherwise disclosed at the point of collection.
- Searches – For your convenience, search functions are provided on our websites. We keep logs of the words searched to learn more about what kind of information our visitors are seeking, and thus improve our services.
- Hyperlinks – For your convenience, our websites contain hyperlinks to websites managed by third parties. If you click on these hyperlinks, you will leave our websites, at which time you will be governed by their privacy policies and practices and not ours, therefore, we cannot be held liable for your decision to use these third party websites.
- Advertising to Children – We believe that our websites, social media, e-mailers, and newsletters appeal directly to children of 13 years old or less. We do not knowingly direct our advertising are appropriate for person 16 years and older. If you dont not agree with this, we encourage you to contact us at [email protected] or 416.535.7000 and notify us why.
- Individuals Under 16 – No personal information should be submitted or posted on our websites by individuals under 16 years of age without their parent’s or guardian’s permission. We may request name, address, phone number, email address and date of birth from an individual under 16 years of age In the case of contests, competitions, and giveaways, so that we may notify them if selected as a winner. In the event we do so, we will request their parent’s or guardian’s consent prior to collection. No information collected from online guests under 16 years of age is used for any marketing or promotional purposes unless noted as such. Unless otherwise disclosed at collection, we do not provide any personal information collected through any of our websites from individuals under 16 years old, regardless of source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever.
10. Contact Us
1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801,
Toronto, Ontario, Canada. M5E 1W7
E-mail: [email protected]